Overall I would rate my GMAT preparation experience with Manhattan Elite Prep as very good. My tutor Fredric was processional, loyal and competent. All topics and material were well-covered. The course material was great and the administrative support was excellent. I was impressed with Fredric's teaching ability, preparedness, his knowledge of the subjects, his responsiveness to my questions and his accuracy. What made me choose Manhattan Elite Prep over their competitors was the quality of their instructors.
Like vs. As/As If/As though
Use like before a noun or pronoun. Use as before a clause, adverb or prepositional phrase. Use as if and as though before a clause. Like is generally used as a preposition in such a context. As is generally used as an adverb while sometimes serving as a preposition with the meaning of "in the capacity of". As you can tell, the focus of the comparison shifts from the noun when used with like to the verb when used with as, as if, or as though.
- My GMAT tutor’s cheesecake tastes like glue.
- "I love frozen pizza because there is no other snack like it,” said the GMAT instructor.
- My GMAT instructor’s mother’s cheesecake tastes great, as a GMAT instructor’s mother’s cheesecake should.
- There are times, as now, that learning GMAT grammar becomes important.
- The GMAT tutor golfed well again, as in the tournament last year.
- He served as GMAT student in the GMAT course.
- The GMAT instructor often told half-truths, as any politician would.
- The GMAT tutor looks as if he knows me.
- It looked as if his GMAT prep was working in his favor.
- The GMAT proctor yelled at me as thoughit was my fault the tests were misplaced.
The same rule applies when you use the expressions seem likeand look like.
- The GMAT test seemed like an easy test at first.
- That looks like a very easy GMAT practice test.
- Wrong:It seemed like the GMAT tutor liked me.
- Correct: It seemed as if the GMAT tutor liked me.
Here the comparison is with a clause, not a noun.
"I wanted to thank you and the Manhattan Elite Prep team for accommodating me with
GMAT Private Tutoring
before my GMAT exam. It was a pleasure to work with Cynthia. She helped me out tremendously and she was very easy to get along with. Tutoring someone for only a week is a hard task in itself and she was more than helpful and accommodating to my concerns and needs. I definitely recommend GMAT Private Tutoring with Cynthia to other students not only because she is great to get along with, but because she is able to put different scenarios into a perspective that is easy to understand. She truly knows what she is doing and is very honest with her students which I deeply admire. Again, thank you for everything you did to help me and thank you for putting me in contact with a great tutor, I really appreciate all of the help that I was given."
(5 out of 5 Rating on Google Review)
- Advanced Pack (10+ Hrs): US$115/hour; Includes Online Library & 5 Online Practice Tests (Computer Adaptive Tests)
- Basic Pack (<10 hours): US$125/hour; Requires minimum purchase of 2 hours
- Schedule: Tailored, flexible, mutual agreement with instructor
- Elite Pack (2+ Hrs): US$200/hour; High Priority; Books (Official Guide For GMAT Review, Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review & GMAT Verbal Review), Five Challenging Online Practice Tests (Computer Adaptive Tests), Digital Guides Collection, Online Access (300+ hours of GMAT Prep Online Recording Library)
- Highest priority for scheduling and service
- Matched with tutor according to specific needs and availability
- Multiple specialists provided who cater to individual learning styles
- All materials from the courses included
- Total Hours: 12 hours of Dedicated 1-on-1 Sessions
- Combines the benefits of private tutoring with a top instructor who will teach with a structured outline at a pre-arranged time schedule to improve your test score effectively with less stress when compared to a classroom setting or a pay-as-you-go tutoring package
- Schedule: Due to the fixed number of hours per course, our most sought-after teachers are more likely to work with private course students since they could pre-arrange the schedule with a tailored lesson plan by turning away other students. Meanwhile, students can learn at their own pace.
- Full access to books/tests, Online Recording Library & Digital Guides Collection
- Structure: similar to a classroom course, ensuring coverage of all exam topics while offering flexibility to tailor your study in the most systematic and constructive manner
- Math 2 of 3 - Algebra Review; Word Problems; Statistics
- Math 3 of 3 – Geometry; Probability & Combinatorics
- Verbal 1 of 3 - Grammar Review; Sentence Correction
- Verbal 2 of 3 - Critical Reasoning
- Verbal 3 of 3 - Reading Comprehension; Analytical Writing Assessment
- Location: Flexible, mutual agreement with instructor (Ease of participation at home or anywhere convenient)
- Topic and difficulty level: 100% tailored to your preference (Focus on specific areas of difficulty through targeted practice)
- No. of instructors: 1 or 2 (depending on availability & topics)
- Mix of exercises in each session; ample time for answering questions
- In-depth analyses of successful strategies to arrive at correct solutions
- Structured to benefit both novice and expert test-takers
- Personalized agendas that pay specific attention to the student's strengths and weaknesses.
- Integrates all the course resources including books and online access to aid in self-study
- Student Discount to Admissions Help
- Unlimited Support via Email, Chat & Phone (7 days a week; all messages will be returned as soon as possible within 24 hours)
- Within 24-48 hours after your payment, you will receive an email with a questionnaire, digital course links, score improvement advice, and more so that you can start prepping for the test with us right away! Instructor bios and testimonials available upon request.
Time Efficiency & Cost Effectiveness
- The most limiting factor in GMAT preparation for people is time.
- Our preparation is tailored for busy professionals. We will teach you what you need to know in the least amount of time.
- It takes significantly more teaching experience and techniques to prepare a student in less time.
- Our high-quality and dedicated instructors are committed to helping every student reach her/his goals
Our highly effective GMAT Instructors have the expertise to help you achieve a top score on your exam!
"Manhattan Elite Prep was able to get me on track and hold me accountable for studying. My
GMAT Private Tutoring instructor was prompt for each session. The staff at the headquarters was easy to work with and communicated well throughout my inquiry into the services and during the follow-up. I would recommend Manhattan Elite Prep for GMAT Private Tutoring to anyone who had studied previously and wasn't starting from scratch."
Andrew D. (5 out of 5 Rating on Google Review)
- Best simulation of the test-taking experience in front of a computer
- REAL-TIME communication with instructor via speaking, writing and sharing a whiteboard. This is made possible through our partnership with WebEx & Zoom, the leaders in online training centers.
- Post-class review through high-quality recorded sessions
- Minimal travel time with no worries about weather or traffic
- Well-illustrated and professionally presented strategies and exclusive problems for both the Verbal Section and the Quantitative Section; Detailed solutions
- Internally developed Quantitative and Verbal vocabulary list with detailed definitions, related words and sentence examples
- Five Challenging Online Practice Tests (Computer Adaptive Tests)
- Official Guide For GMAT Review, Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review & GMAT Verbal Review
- Digital Guides Collection
- Online Access (300+ hours of GMAT Prep Online Recording Library)
- Math Review Handout: Rate / Speed / Distance/ Mixture; Ratio; Tables / Graphs; Geometry; Probability; Combinatorics/ Permutation (pdf)
Our Hamburg GMAT instructor received his B.A. from Columbia and PhD in math from MIT, and is currently a research scientist in Munich, Germany. While his research has been very successful (he first-authored paper in the journal Science), he has always had a passion (and a talent) for teaching. He has had been teaching since 1996, at Columbia and MIT and Munich University. From official lecture courses with dozens of students to 1-on-1 tutoring, from summer camp for under prepared minority students to intensive mentoring for gifted high school pupils, he has done it all. Our Hamburg instructor scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT.
Hamburg - Address
Manhattan Elite Prep - Hamburg | Germany Tentative Venue
Please call our headquarters to confirm before visiting the venue:
Hamburg, Germany - Location