|Single Essay||Mini-Pack||Basic Pack||Advanced Pack|
|Service||1 Essay, 800 Words or Less||Resume & Essay (800 Words or Less) or 2 Essays of 250 Words Each)||All Essays & Resume for 1 School||All Essays & Resume for 2 Schools|
|Grammar & Style Review||√||√||√||√|
|Advice on Theme & Content||√||√||√||√|
|Exchanges Per Essay||3||3||3||3|
|Turnaround Time*||5-7 Days||5-7 Days||5-7 Days||5-7 Days|
|Cost for Additional School||-||-||$350||$350|
|Cost for additional 800 words in same essay||$50||$50||-||-|
* 3 day rush + $75; Weekend Rush +$100
I worked with Craig on my college admission essay. He provided his expertise on editing and structural arrangement of ideas and helped me product finished final products. I received admissions from both my dream schools which are top tier schools. Today, as I decide to join my dream school, I cannot thank Craig enough for his services. He is very experienced and uses his experience to guide user on the right track as far as the flow of the essay is concerned. Well, this is besides the excellent editing skills he has. Thanks Craig!
For more recent admissions success stories, please visit Student Admissions Testimonial page.
Essays are important. It is in your essays that you are able to explain yourself. All the time you spent thinking about why you want to attend college and why you feel ready to do this now will pay off in the essays.
Manhattan Elite Prep's admissions consulting team can offer you expert advice on essays and the college application process.
We recommend the following method of tackling your essay:
1. Match yourself to the school.
2. Determine what the question is asking.
3. Consider how to answer the question: Brainstorm.
4. Organize. Select the aspects of yourself to emphasize and back them up with examples / stories / anecdotes from your experience. Put this information into an outline format that you find comfortable.
5. Write the essay, paying attention to format.
6. Make revisions.
7. Have someone read it over.
The guidelines around which we suggest engaging in the essay writing process are the following:
Write in a fashion that keeps the reader's attention.
To do this we suggest the following:
(1) Select different and unique, but honest experiences. You may want to expand upon an experience to make it seem more unique. Try to select those experiences that make you a unique candidate.
(2) Convey your experience honestly. The admissions committee will notice the difference between extreme embellishment and sincerity and depth.
(3) It is in your writing that you have the opportunity to demonstrate your personality. One important way of doing this is through your style. Within your essays you want to continue to keep the reader's attention. Try to use the 1st person singular, use "I" and avoid "we". Avoid using the passive voice as well as 'to be' verbs.