I worked with Craig on my medical school admission essay. He provided his expertise on editing and structural arrangement of ideas and helped me product finished final products. I received admissions from both my dream schools which are top tier schools. Today, as I decide to join my dream school, I cannot thank Craig enough for his services. He is very experienced and uses his experience to guide user on the right track as far as the flow of the essay is concerned. Well, this is besides the excellent editing skills he has. Thanks Craig!
For more recent admissions success stories, please visit Student Admissions Testimonial page.
Manhattan Elite Prep’s Admissions Consulting staff is made up exclusively of former admissions committee members and graduates from the top Ivy League schools. They have years of experience in reviewing resumes, interviewing prospective students and new hires, coaching on school and career choices, and advising on how to best present yourself to different schools. We offer the following services to applicants of medical school, college, graduate schools, law schools and private high schools:
Once you have decided to pursue a medical degree, you have essentially completed the first step in the admissions process, and your motivation is a great precursor to success. But which schools? What are the next steps? How do you present yourself in such a way to truly demonstrate your strong drive and fit in your ideal school?
The admissions process overwhelms many applicants, especially busy, young professionals with limited time in their schedules. Our individually-tailored guidance helps you successfully traverse the pitfalls of the application process. From your application essays to determining which school to attend, our admissions packages give you the expert advice and knowledge necessary to make the most educated decisions possible.
Choosing to return to school is a big investment, but know that the value of a medical degree from a top school is indisputable. Our services help you effectively present your strengths and hide your weaknesses. Through our one-on-one consultations with you, we create a road map to success together. Our consultants commit themselves to helping candidates put forth their best application. Our consultants will build strong relationships with you, the candidate, and will understand your nuances and gifts. They will help you present yourself effectively against stringent and selective admissions standards and criteria.
Essays are important. It is in your essays that you are able to explain yourself. All the time you spent thinking about why you want to attend Med School and why you feel ready to do this now will pay off in the essays.
Manhattan Elite Prep's admissions consulting team can offer you expert advice on essays and the med school application process.
We recommend the following method of tackling your essay:
1. Match yourself to the school.
2. Determine what the question is asking.
3. Consider how to answer the question: Brainstorm.
4. Organize. Select the aspects of yourself to emphasize and back them up with examples / stories / anecdotes from your experience. Put this information into an outline format that you find comfortable.
5. Write the essay, paying attention to format.
6. Make revisions.
7. Have someone read it over.
The guidelines around which we suggest engaging in the essay writing process are the following:
Write in a fashion that keeps the reader's attention
To do this we suggest the following:
(1) Select different and unique, but honest experiences. You may want to expand upon an experience to make it seem more unique. Try to select those experiences that make you a unique candidate.
(2) Convey your experience honestly. The admissions committee will notice the difference between extreme embellishment and sincerity and depth.
(3) It is in your writing that you have the opportunity to demonstrate your personality. One important way of doing this is through your style. Within your essays you want to continue to keep the reader's attention. Try to use the 1st person singular, use "I" and avoid "we". Avoid using the passive voice as well as 'to be' verbs.
|Single Essay||Mini-Pack||Basic Pack||Advanced Pack|
|Service||1 Essay, 800 Words or Less||Resume & Essay (800 Words or Less) or 2 Essays of 250 Words Each)||All Essays & Resume for 1 School||All Essays & Resume for 2 Schools|
|Grammar & Style Review||√||√||√||√|
|Advice on Theme & Content||√||√||√||√|
|Exchanges Per Essay||3||3||3||3|
|Turnaround Time*||5-7 Days||5-7 Days||5-7 Days||5-7 Days|
|Cost for Additional School||-||-||$350||$350|
|Cost for additional 800 words in same essay||$50||$50||-||-|
* 3 day rush + $75; Weekend Rush +$100
What is Special About You?
Career - General
Career - Leadership & Teamwork
Life Experiences - General
Life Experiences - Challenges
Medical School Application Specific
To register and make payments for our Admissions Consultation Services, please visit our Admissions Consulting Page.
For more information please email us at email@example.com.